San Onofre – San Mateo Campground (inland)

 Cloudy Day Beach Scene
San Onofre Nuclear Power Plant




















Second best Old Fashioned
Since I needed my final visit to Van for my mani/pedi and Rosie for a cut and color, Jeff dropped me off in Coronado and then drove Sally and Betty to Orange County again.  I took the train which is always enjoyable and took a few pictures along the way.  The very first night we stayed for free at a golf course and walked to a really cool restaurant where Jeff had The Best Old Fashioned (so far, or at least it ties with Saiko Sushi).

The best food is often
found in strip malls





We stayed here after Panama and before our trip to Las Vegas.  This was another dry camping experience but with good bathrooms and lots of baby squirrels who lived under our parking pad.  It was this site that we finally decided that we can do without water and electricity, but PLEASE can we have internet access!  Neither Jeff nor I are really addicted to our phones and we aren’t on Facebook or anything like that. However, the internet is our connection to the real world, so it is hard to live without!

We ran or run/walked trails two days to a place called the Trellises which is a great surfing beach just north of Camp Pendelton.  We saw surfer graffiti on the ground saying things like Locals Only and such, but my favorite was “Trump don’t Surf”.  I just found it entertaining I guess that in addition to not wanting to share the swells, the locals also had some political opinions.

Due to our lack of internet, we did go into San Clemente to visit a coffee shop one day which was very productive.  We also met Jay one day at the movies to see Atomic Blonde (against my will).  I am not a fan of the movie theater, but was glad that Jeff literally made me go as it was quite good.

We had Las Vegas to look forward to….internet….hotel room showers….and getting repairs done on Betty finally!

Popular posts from this blog

Golden Gate Bridge and Surrounds

And then it hit me...This is Retirement!?

Andalusian Hill Country