Rancho Los Coches in El Cahon


Jeff arrived at Jay’s on June 22nd.  This gave him all day on the 23rd to ride his motorcycle to San Diego, pick up Sally, pick up Betty from storage and then set up camp at Los Coches, which is just outside of El Cajon and still a San Diego suburb.  I am quite impressed that he can do all of this on his own.  Perhaps I thought I had a more important co-pilot job, but as it turns out, he doesn’t really need me.  I was thankful when he picked me up at the airport at about 8:30 at night and we drove the 30 minutes or so to our campsite.  Rancho Los Coches is my favorite campground so far!  We estimate that it is about 50% full timers and maybe more.  The parking spots are level and graveled.  We had plenty of room for our smallish rig and they had a great laundry facility that I used to clean up my fancy clothes from my trip to Europe.  They also have a pool and hot tub which we may use on our next visit. 


This camp site was really a transitional one since I had booked a manicure and other errands for the next day.  Also, Katie and Greg invited us over for an amazing dinner and storytelling of our most recent travels.  So, two nights and we were out of there, but we will be back!

Popular posts from this blog

Golden Gate Bridge and Surrounds

And then it hit me...This is Retirement!?

Andalusian Hill Country